Thursday, July 24, 2008

Supreese!

As the boys say from Nacho Libre, SUPREESE! (Surprise with a spanish accent). Well, I threw a surprise party for Boyd for his 38th birthday. Let's just say I had a lot of angst about lying to him that day.
Bryant's baseball team was playing in the state tournament in Bountiful so our baseball schedule depended on whether he lost or won each game. Needless to say, we ended up having a game scheduled right smack dab during the party!
I told Boyd I wasn't feeling well and that I would stay home and get things ready for Mom, Dad, Brian and La to come out.
Now, the fun part. Trying to get him home.
I called and told him the washer was leaking water everywhere. I had to be very tricky about what I told him as I did not want him to rush home and get in a car accident and die. That would make for a very bad party.
Boyd told me to turn off the water in the house and clean it up and everything would be fine. Not what I wanted to hear. So I hung up, sat there for a minute, and then called back. Because I was "sick", I really played it up saying I really needed him to come home, water was everywhere, and I just needed him. This is not the type of girl I usually am. I am pretty independent and can handle most situations, which I think Boyd appreciates. He did not appreciate having me whine and have him make the 45 minute drive home.
So, he got home, walked in the house with the most ornery look on his face, to which everyone yelled "SUPRISE"! He did not look amused.....I walked up to him with a nervous "he, he, it's a surprise party for you he,he" thinking "wipe that look off your face and be a good host, he, he". The "he he" is a very nervous laugh.
It took him a second and then he warmed up. It's a good thing!
I rented a waterslide that is so very fun and we bbq'd. We had a great time, as I think everyone else did. It was fun just hanging out with the family, and it ended up that Boyd felt grateful for everyone who came out, just for him!





0 comments: