Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Merry Christmas courtesty of Wham!

For any of you who know me very well, you may know that I love George Michael/Wham! I always have, and I always will. This posting should probably be titled "Things About Me That Are Embarrassing". But if you know me well, you'll also know I'm usually a little too honest, so I can't deny my feelings for George.

I heard this song going into work this morning, and it put me in the best mood. I LOVE this song, know every word, and LOVE to sing a long. I really get into it. I always sing in the car, but to this song, I really let it fly. I wish I could sing a duet with George, I really do.

If you know me REALLY well, you probably know that George Michael was the first poster of a "boy" I had in my room. Yes it's true, this poster DID come before Kirk Cameron in white blazer/turquoise tee shirt and pink backdrop. When my dad asked me who he was and why he was on my wall, I was so embarrassed, I tore the poster off the wall and threw it away. If my memory serves me correctly, and I'm pretty sure it does, I believe my dad was chuckling as he asked his questions, hence the embarrassment. So sad, I wish I still had it - George in his aviator shades and leather jacket. It was pretty sweet. I'm pretty sure this posting is going to be followed up with an hour of me watching GM videos on Youtube.

Anyway, nothing says Merry Christmas like hearing a good old 80's song sung by a good looking guy with a huge do. I just can't believe George gave "her" the same diamond pin he gave me for Christmas...

4 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

I think of you every time I hear that song... love it!!
I remember those posters well. I wiped a booger on your Kirk Cameron poster, so you spit on my "Bangles" poster. I was so grossed out/mad, I threw it away.
Walkin' Like An Egyptian, baby!!

Linda Lou said...

Seriously ... I have no idea who GM is. And, I thought this song was sung by a lady!!!!

Hendricksonblog said...

hes kind of a lady. I loved Wham too but just to be rebellious i like the other one (andrew maybe?)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!