Thursday, December 20, 2007

Live In Concert - One Night Only!

Get ready - you've heard him whail on his brothers and quote Nacho like no other. Now it's your turn to see, live (okay, not really) what you've all been waiting for - my son, the band geek, semi-live in concert! Yes, after a fun filled 10 hours of work, it's a joy to sit through a jr. high band concert. Actually, it was really nice and Bryant was really excited. I was so proud of him - he looked so handsome! He seemed genuinely excited to have our family come and see him in front of his friends at school. It was sweet - we were on our way over to the school and he told me he was nervous because he rocks his upper body to the beat (think of a handicapped person rocking while they're sitting still - it's true - he showed me!). I asked him what rock stars did when they performed and noted how they move to the beat and it would be okay. Then I realized I was aiding and abetting in him possibly being embarrassed so I told him I'm sure he would keep it under control and no one would notice. Bryant told me he wanted to be in the jazz band (7th graders aren't allowed), but after seeing them perform I think not. The beginning band did much better - I couldn't even tell what they were playing! Now a rocking handi boy in the jazz band - that's not a good idea! And, in true Hansen fashion, I couldn't resist this photo op:. It's unfortunate, he had a big wedgie and you can't really tell from the photo. Ah, well, you know I tried!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh, Angie...you needn't worry, the photo op. was definitely not wasted; one can totally see the wedgie!
The mental image of Bry rocking in his chair was just too much for me! I'm bustin' a gut over here (if only that actually rid me of said gut..)!

Natalie said...

Oh . . . .thank you so much for the melvin picture. I needed that! Tell Bryant good job at the band concert. Don't be too hard on him. I was a band geek, but I was popular too. It was nice to have my band geek friends so that I could get my nerdiness out, and then my cool friends to hang out with on the side. At least I THINK I was cool. On second thought . . .

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Bryant is not a band geek; however, he would be one if his shirt was too tight, it was a dingy grey, he was sweating, his pants were a little floody and he had white socks on.

You should have told me about his concert, we would have come to support him-Addie would have loved to see him!