Saturday, March 7, 2009

My heroes!

It's been a while since my last post and I've been meaning to get this up.

So, Boyd had to work a graveyard shift the other night and I could have sworn I heard someone jigglin the doors downstairs. Yes, for those of you who know me well, I am a paranoid chicken wimp.

Luckily for me, I birthed three sons and my oldest is now taller than me, so I needed to put them good use, right? I called the boys in my room and told them they needed to check downstairs to see if anyone was down there. It's true, I sent my boys to their potential doom/distruction.

So, after I swear, at least 20 minutes, they were finally ready to go and "check things out". I was pretty proud, not one of them told me I was crazy, they were all ready to go and fight for me. Lucky, huh?

Well, these picturs are real - this is their real attempt at facing a "robber". Okay, the poses and expressions aren't, but the get ups and weapons are.



I could hear them whispering as they were planning what weapons to take with them. Logan felt especially smart as he thought throwing army guys and balls at a potential thief would stop him dead in his tracks, and then he'd use a pencil to poke him to his death.



Of course, there really wasn't anyone downstairs. This experience made me think of when Boyd and I were driving home from our ultrasound with Logan. I was telling myself it wasn't true that I was going to have three boys. Me? Three boys? Yeah right. At that point when I almost started crying, Boyd said, "well, look at it this way, you'll be the most protected mom on the block!". It looks like he was so right, I really am the most protected mom on the block!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Angie - I'm thinking your boys have watched "Home Alone" a few too many times.

That is so funny!! Send your boys to do your dirty work. Tell them that's what I used to do. I was your little gopher when you "just KNEW" someone was trying to climb in our bedroom window.