Friday, April 10, 2009

Finally - Hawaii 09!

After a busy 2 weeks, I finally have some time to post some pics!

BOyd and I had a GREAT time! We LOVED the Big Island. So much to see and do, with such different climates on the small island. It's also still very rural, which was my favorite part.


Our first view of the island...




The resort was INCREDIBLE!


Also part of our resort!


We rented a soft-top jeep to scoot around the island in.


We flew over to Oahu for the day and visited Pearl Harbor. Amazing.




The PCC - so dang fun!


A Buddhist temple on Oahu - part of Pearl Harbor was filmed at this location, and LOST was setting up to film here too this day!


Boyd exploring. My fourth boy...


The sunset on the night of the luau was GORGEOUS!


This was one of my favorite things, hiking down into the rainforest to go through the Thurston Lava Tube. It's where lava once flowed through to get to the surface of the island.


BOyd loves to golf - so how could we go to Hawaii and not have him golf? He spent one of the mornings golfing while I read by the pool. A bit of heaven you know...


Celebrating the end of a great trip. If you can't jump on beds at home, where can you jump on beds?




16 years - yesterday (4.9) was our anniversary! Love you babe! We make a great team after all!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like you guys had such a great time! Love the pic of you jumping on the bed!!

Natalie said...

Sweet action shot! Really funny. Looks like you guys had tons of fun. I can't wait to go there some day. I kept thinking about your anniversary yesterday, but I kept forgetting to send you wishes. So, late anniversary wishes!!!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Some day, I too will go to Hawaii. Hopefully before I'm too old and saggy to wear my thong bikini.
Did you get a bloody nose when your face hit the bed? That picture cracks me up!
Was your house still standing when you got home?

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

So jealous. I love the pictures. See, I should have come on the trip with you so you wouldn't have had to take self portraits, or have strangers take nasty pictures of you in the hammock!!! :)

The Price Family said...

Look soo fun! I love your pics. You guys look great!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Did that stuffed Dawlfin come from Ken Meyers?????