Friday, April 17, 2009

Logan's Wax Museum


Logan's grade had a wax museum where they were all allowed to choose a figure in history to represent. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. They had the lights turned down low and instrumental music playing so you really felt like you were in a museum.
All of the kids were dressed in their costumes and had to hold a "freeze frame" position. Logan chose to be George Washington. Thanks to an amazing dad who put his costume together because mom was working late, and a large photo of "The Prayer at Valley Forge" in our family room, Logan's costume was excellent.
HOwever, Albert Einstein was NOT happy to be there, and especially didn't want to stand still. Boyd and I were laughing because here's this little boy with a gray wig on totally throwing a fit by himself and no one was paying attention to him. I wish I had a pic.
Anyway, a few kids made fun of Logan's boots and I told him he should have said to the boys that he was going to kick their butts with his lady boots and then they'd be sorry. He gently reminded me that he was a wax figure and couldn't talk.
Anyway, I was thankful I got to go see the little guy, who really isn't so little any more.

2 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

THAT is priceless!! I love the lady boots and the lady coat. Boyd did a great job on the costume, I totally would have known who he was. I'm going to start calling him "Lady George".

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Oh Lady George. Shows you how creative Boyd is and that he can do ANYTHING-AND that your boys will do anything too. "Ladies size 10 please!"