Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bryant's First Date

I have severely neglected my blog. Oh well, more important things, right? I haven't read any blogs, nor have I updated mine (obviously). Pinterest has taken my interest.


So, what's new? Well...Bryant has his first date...tomorrow! It's Homecoming and I can't believe he's old enough to go. He's a junior!! Lucky for me, he still can't drive on his own, however, that's not very lucky for him or his date. Good thing, my very best friend from high school -Toni - has a son Bryant's age and he just happens to be one of Bry's very best friends. They are all going to Homecoming together and luckily, Cameron can drive.


It's funny, I never thought in a million years that Toni and I would live by each other as adults, we would have sons the same age, they would go to the same school, and happen to be in a group of best friends. What's even crazier? We are old enough to have kids the age we do. I can't believe it. Time goes by too fast.




I love Toni as much as I did back when we were in high school. We still go on "dates" (we need another one soon), and she seriously hasn't aged a day. I, however, do not look the same, but she still loves me the same.


I had to have a talk with Bry tonight about "what to do on a date". Of course we always follow "FSOY" as we call it in our house. For the Strength of the Youth. But more than that, I have always taught my boys to be chivalrous. I NEVER open a door when I am with my boys, they always watch for others women who need their door opened for them. However, I realized tonight that I did not teach him he needs to open the car door for his lady friend. This is one thing I have negleted to teach them or have them do. Boyd always opens the car door for me, but somehow the boys have missed this. I found out tonight that maybe Bryant didn't realize he had to be "extra chivalrous" on a date - that means opening her door, always looking after the girl, never having her tell him she's hungry (he needs to be proactive on that one), making sure she's not too cold, hot etc. I thought I had taught him everything, but apparently I wasn't specific as I needed to be.


He's a good kid and I'm very proud of him. I am pretty sure I birthed him when I was 13. That's right, everyone in junior high missed me having a kid.

0 comments: