Sunday, December 14, 2008

IDEO



So, I just got back from an amazing work trip. We were able to spend three days in Palo Alto, California at one of the world's leading product design and innovation firms. It was amazing, but at times, felt like I was in another world!
Everyone rides their bike to work, they are very "green", and eat very healthy. Pretty much the oposite of me. I drank "Silk" for the first time, but passed on the coconut milk and unsweetened organic yogurt. HOwever, I did try the flash dried green beans and carrots - I think they were a replacement for chips. I REALLY didn't fit in!


We went to dinner the first night at an all organic, vegan and raw "restaraunt" called the Gratitude Cafe. It was interesting to say the least. Who knew almonds gave milk? I wonder what it's like to milk them?

It's a "community" restaraunt, so they sit you with other people, who you don't know, if there's no room. Um, I think I'd rather have my own table at Burger King, thank you very much!

Each dish has a "title", and you have to order by the title name. So I ordered an "I am beautiful" shake and I had an "I am fulfilled" desert. When they bring you your selection they tell you, "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL" OR "YOU ARE FULFILLED". It was cheesy, but I did end up laughing a lot and feeling pretty good about myself when I left.

I really wish I was as cool as all those IDEO people. I wish I was more healthy and maybe I'll start to strive to leave a smaller "carbon footprint" on this beautiful place we call Mother Earth after my unique experience in Palo Alto, California. It was truly a cool place.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh man! That cracks me up! I wish I could have been with you. I would have let a big, stinky fart and said, "so, do you still think I'm beautiful? Your beautiful shake made THAT carbon footprint!" I think I would have felt so out of place, and yet I live in the NW!

DJ and Gin Family said...

But you ARE beautiful!!
Let's all go back together... that would make for a funny trip!

Unknown said...

you ARE cool!