Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving at Home



We were so lucky as to have Thanksgiving at our house this year. This is only the second time I've done a full-blown Thanksgiving dinner. It wasn't that bad or hard! However, I wasn't adventurous, we ate the same-old same-old, but I thought it turned out great. I have to admit, I feel like less of a woman because I did not make my own pie shells!
The absolute best part about Thanksgiving is that my Grandma & Grandpa Savage came over! It was the best part, and I was TRULY thanksful to have them be a part.



Every year we put three candy corns on each plate, and before we eat, we each say three things we're thankful for. After we each had said our part, and shed a few tears, my dad had stuck his candy corns on his teeth to make it look like he was retarded. Okay, so it wasn't that hard to do, but my mom followed suite, and then everyone else did. Unfortuantely, I only got a pic of my mom. We always wonder why we all are so nuts. Now we know!



Boyd-o bought me a roaster. IT was so nice - I was telling him I was worried about having everything hot and ready at the same time. He had mentiond getting a roaster earlier, and after I said what I did, he brought one home!





Boyd absolutely loves Thanksgiving, and he always seems so happy to "carve the bird". I think it's because he can't wait to dig in.



And a family gathering wouldn't be complete without DOUBLE D. THat would be Deiter, but I call him Double D, as in Demon Dog. He's mom and dad's dog, and I have to admit, he's getting less satanic lately. He's so cute, and it's fun to let him and Sarg run around in the back yard. Sarge gets tired of him pretty quick, and Deiter just wants to play non-stop. It's hilarious when Sarge snarls at him. Deiter jumps away - and Sarge NEVER barks or snarls. Just at Deiter, especially when Deiter chases Sarge's tail and bites it!



We had a great time, and I think I need it's time to throw my leftovers away. BOOO!.

2 comments:

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Double D is right! He was all over Addie tonight, and when he jumps up he comes up to her shoulders! He was biting her fingers and she was just standing there, going, "Haha, Dieter, haha, Dieter!" That kid!

Wish we could have been there, it looked so nice!

Natalie said...

You have lots to be grateful for . . . retarded parents with a devil dog, having G and G Savage there, such awesome boys, a great table setting, a mind-reading husband who doesn't need a hint written in sharpie nailed to his forehead, and a sister who love you. Looks like you had fun. We had fun too. Good times.