Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Return of Annie Bates

Annie Bates has mysteriously disappeared from our famly for the last 10 years, but she has mysteriously returned with the birth of the newest member of the Hansen family - Little Abby J.



For those of you that don't know, the part of Annie Bates, in years past, was played effortlessly by my sister Ginger when BRyant was born. She loved that boy and wherever she was, he was. We all called her Annie Bates because of the way she always kept Bryant hostage. See exhibit A.



The roll of Annie Bates is now played by Angie White. I don't know if I will be able to play her quite as well as Ginger, as Abby J. resides in Oregon, but for the few days she was in SLC, I think I did a pretty good job.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

First of all, thanks for the G n' R. I love me that Axl Rose.

Second, dang that's funny. I'm glad to see that Abigail has a #1 fan. That picture of Ginger makes her look a little high-octane! Spencer and Bryant look so dang cute. I miss their littleness. But it's fun seeing their bigness now. It's a new frontier.

It was so fun seeing you. Hope you have a good t-give. I'm preparing my dressing (homemade! It's french bread and corn bread. Homemade cornbread!) today, as well as my CRANburry sauce and maybe my apple pie, if I get to it. We're feeding the missionaries tonight.

DJ and Gin Family said...

No one can ever fill that role. I still own it! I've just been in hibernation while my own babies have been around. You just wait until my baby is grown.... Annie will be back.

Linda Lou said...

That's one of my favorite pictures of Ginger and the boys. The next favorite is the one of Bryant chained to the exercise machine. I think he was in time out.