Friday, July 17, 2009

Jackson Hole & Jellystone National Park



Best vacation we've ever had! It really beats standing in line at Disneyland in the hot, humid, sun. Don't get me wrong, Disneyland is fun, but this kind of vacation is really my kind of vacation. We went with Boyd's mom and dad and we couldn't have had a better time. They were so incredible and treated Sarah as if she was one of their own grandkids. The best part was being with my family and coming home feeling relaxed, boot and all.


I just love this girl.....

We started the week with Sarah at Lagoon - one of our family's favorite places. What made it even funner was to have La and Addie, Taylor, and Amanda and Brad with us. They are all so fun.







We headed for Jackson Hole, where we had so much fun! We saw the Bar J Wranglers and took a tram to the top of the Tetons.




This would be Boyd giving 4 very tired and slightly ornery kids a little pep talk before the Bar J Wranglers show...




When we were on the top of the mountain Sarah kept saying how breathtaking everything was - and then she said "I'm never going to forget this for as long as I live - unless I get short-term memory loss"! I laughed at that for a few reasons...







The last time I was at Yellowstone, I think I was about 6 years old and all I remember seeing is a buffalo. I think my mom and dad woke me up from a nap to see it. So, seeing Yellowstone last week was really like seeing it for the first time. It was so incredibly gorgeous and peaceful. It was so relaxing, we enjoyed everything so much.











Old Faithful


Lucky for us, we didn't see a wild animal come out of this cave...






That's Grandma and Grandpa White in the car behind us...


Logan LOVES stuffed animals and bought this little cub that cries for it's mama in Yellowstone. He built a little house for him that he was pretty proud of..


We were so hoping to see a bear in Yellowstone and our wish came true! If only my wish for a million dollars would come true...

On one of the nights, we were reading scriptures and getting ready for bed. We were reading in Helaman about Christ's birth and how he would bring a "higher law" to the earth. I was explaining what the higher law meant, and also explaining how the people then were living under the law of Moses. Sarah then said "My mom lives by the law of Moses. When Kate hits me my mom tells me to hit her back. And you know, I am just NOT going to hit a 6 year old!" See, I told you she was heelarious!

We stayed in West Yellowstone and went to a Grizzly and Wolf sanctuary. It was so incredible - we learned so much about wolves and grizzlies and got to see them up close.

Mornings at the White house...





This wolf would totally listen to Boyd and come to him when he called him. It was so cool - I started to call Boyd Mowgli.


I love this picture of Sarah, she said she LOVES wolves, and I tried to get her in the shot with one - you can see if far off in the distance.




The end of a great trip - 5 of the people that I love most in this world!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Thanks for taking such good pics!! Sarah sure didn't take any. It looks like you had a blast. I love the picture of Spencer and Sarah peeking over the scrambler gate. Thanks again so much for including her in your vacay. She had the best time ever - it was a total "Sarah" vacation. I love and miss you guys!

Lindsey said...

What a great trip! Makes me want to go up again!

Nancy said...

Your pics are amazing! Seriously I feel like I don't even have to go now. What a fun family trip, especially with Sarah to balance out the estrogen. Your haircut is cute - very flattering!

Hendricksonblog said...

That made me jealous for Natalie even if she wasnt. I love what you've done with your shoes Angie and I love seeing crack it makes my day.