Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Miss. Adventures of Mrs. White

I would have really liked to post earlier, but we have a rambler home, and the computer happens to be in the basement. Why would it seem that I could not get into my basement you may say? Well....

Yes, I fell and I fell hard. No, not for another man, just off the side of a door mat. I was so proud of La, she had a backstage pass, and by backstage, I mean backside, to the frivolity and she didn't even laugh! Anyone that knows me, her, or my family can truly testify that that in and of itself is a true miracle. A Christmas miracle in fact. I think she could tell I was really hurt. I even tried to laugh, but I was trying not to cry so I couldn't.
Fast forward 2 days and my mom finally forced me to go to the Dr. I didn't think I could break anything just stepping wrong and rolling my ankle. But, apparently you can, and I did.
Sorry, the leg's all swollen and gross. I wish my legs were like Gin's, and they don't show hair follicle spots. Gross. Oh well, I should have taken a pic from the backside, not of my butt, but the back of my heel. Black and blue and you can really see the softball on my ankle. I even have bruises on the opposite side of the break. Weird!
Now, just call me Bootstrap. For the next 4-6 weeks my lucky boot is my BFF, and it really is. It totally helps me not hurt, and for that, I am truly grateful. Truly. Madly. Deeply.

6 comments:

Hendricksonblog said...

Sue the #%*^@#$^'s that own that place.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

I agree with April! They want to charge us for the door knob and installation, we'll just tell them we're even with you breaking your ankle on their 10 inch thick door mat. "Uh, we never had any complaints before." DUH!

Seriously, watching her fall was like in slow motion. I wanted to laugh, but she just layed there. I think she even rolled once or twice. No movement, uh-oh, I better contain the laughter.

And all in the name of Caffeine!!!

Natalie said...

Neal says their insurance should be paying for your ankle-busting bills. And don't let them charge you for the doorknob!

And another thing - sorry I missed the action, but thanks for the play-by-play. I'm glad you finally went to the doctor, Bootstrap Bill.

crazy savages said...

Oh Angie!!! My stomach just rolled
over when I saw the photo of your poor poor leg... I fell a couple of years ago, and I know exactly how it feels. Hope it gets well soon. (Mine still aches when its going to rain)
auntie Bev.

Melissa said...

I am so sorry, that looks so painful.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Ouchy-Wa-Wa!!
When I die, ther are a few things that I am going to ask to see a replay on... me falling down the stairs on the cruise, and you almost getting thrown from your wheelchair when the wheel got stuck in the grate at Lagoon. Tay said that you called guys called it the Handi - trap... I laughed my butt off. I still can't beleieve that you went to Lagoon all day. We only made it until 7, and I'm not Bootstrap Bill.
Neal needs to be your personal injury lawyer... you can sue the condo lady, and Lagoon.