Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Lovin'



Does this photo not embody everything about summer? I think it's one of my all-time favs.

Boyd's mom and dad had a waterslide party for Boyd's dad's birthday - it's become somewhat of a tradition and we always have such a great time. I had to sit it out because of the leg. Boooo. But it was still so much fun watching.








The boys with their boy cousins on Boyd's side of the family...



Anyone that knows me, should understand how hard it was for me to not go down the slide. Torture I tell ya!

OH, and big news in the White household, Spencer got to sit in the front seat of our car for the first time. YOu need to be 12 to sit in the front, but he's taller than most kids his age and he will be 12 in 6 weeks. It's always a big day when they get to sit in the front seat. He's growing so much I can't believe it!



We also have big news in another area. For the first time in I don't know how long, Bryant's not playing fall baseball. We signed both Bry and Spence up for football. Practices started this week and they are kicking the snot out of Bry (he still loves it) and I've never seen Spencer happier. Seriously. He LOVES this sport and is doing so good! He's got some work to do on receiving, but as far as speed and tacking, he's kicking butt. He's always the fastest at any of the drills they do. I'm loving watching him play - it sure beats soccer! I feel like I'm cheating on my true love - baseball. I feel guilty we're not at the baseball fields, and I feel guilty that the boys are loving it so much. But not guilty enough I guess. Baseball has defined our family for a while, because of Bry's involvement. I don't think Bry will give up baseball (thankfully), but I'm sure he'll be a better player for this experience. IT's good for him. He's playing linebacker and learning lots of new stuff. However, I think Spencer has found his calling. Stay tuned...

Bryant is off at youth conference - and I miss him. He'll be home tomorrow, and I'm sure he's having a great time. Imagine, little Miss Molly (me) never got the opportunity to go on Youth Conferene. Pretty sad, I always had a job from the time I was old enough go. I can't wait to hear the report when he gets home.

Oh, and I can't forget, school started for Spencer (6th grade - in his own words "I'm going to rule the school!") and Logan (4th grade) this week. Argh! Summer's are for staying home and taking swimming lessons, and camping (although I'm on a camping strike until we get a trailer), and sleep outs. However, the boys only know year round school, so they don't mind. I must be getting old, I didn't take them to school the first day like I always do and walk them to class. I let them ride their bikes and they were as happy as can be. I'm a bad mom.




I'll end with a photo of Bellingham Bay in Washington, where I was at last week. Breathtaking!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's awesome about football--keep us posted of when games are; we would love to see some!

Natalie said...

Hey, this was on Facebook. Well, I commented there. But I'll say this again - I miss you guys! Tell Spencer I'll love him forever if he plays for Bronco and my beloved Cougars.

Unknown said...

good times.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Hey, at least you took pictures of the boys on their first day of school... Tay was forgotten, poor girl!
That picture of Logan is so funny! I love that boy.
DJ thinks that football is WAY cooler than baseball... probably because his mom wouldn't let him play.