Sunday, February 28, 2010

My boys - growing up...



We had "the talk" with Logan last night - the last one of our kids. Boyd did so good, I hardly had to say a thing. I was glad for that, because I was having a hard time admitting it was time for by baby to hear it. Logan was so excited to finally get his turn - in fact he kept asking when he would get his turn at "the talk". Our tradition is to take the boys our to their restaraunt of choice after the talk - you know, to ease the horror that their little brains have just gone through. I'm surprised they've had an appetite after!! And I'm even more surprised Logan didn't pick a buffet. Yay for us!
Anyway, as we were getting ready to go, Logan was stepping into the shower and Spencer said to him "Hey Logan - why are you getting clean when you are just going to barf all over yourself?" We all had a good laugh...
Next, after we got home from church, Logan was so proud "Hey mom - I memorized one of the words we talked about - Vajayjay!" (except that wasn't what he said). Bryant almost spit his lunch out he was laughing so hard. He told Logan not to ever say that word again - he could say vampire or Virginia, but not that word again. EVER.
And lastly, after we watched the Olympic closing ceremonies (BOOOO - except for Michael Buble)we were excited to watch "The Marriage Ref" - from the commercials it looked pretty funny, and it was. My favorite part was about a couple that were fighting over having a stripper pole installed in their home. The wife DID NOT want one, but of course, the husband did. Spencer said he sided with the wife "because it's just one more surface to clean!".
Amen bruthah!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh man! I can't believe he said that word!! Two of my girls know the basics of "you know what," but I don't think they know that word. It's just pepe in our home. I know we're supposed to be all literal with our terminology, but I'm not. Too bad.

And your boys comments. Classic!!

Hendricksonblog said...

yeah, and they better clean every
ounce of that surface.
I give my kids the talk at 8. I dont trust Dave to give them all the gory details with the house he grew up in. We still call them pees and I still use the word wiener to this day. Its much cuter that way.

DJ and Gin Family said...

I am dying... your boys are so funny!! I wish I could have been there when Logan said that word, that would have been priceless.

Sarah Lee said...

My girls think it's called a china and so whenever someone on TV talks about China (the olympics were great!) they always giggle.... me too.
I don't know about vampire... with the whole blood thing, it's almost more gross.
I don't know how I didn't notice your blog sooner from Gingers, Laurels and Nats.
I'm groovin' to some George Michael. Oh yeah!