Friday, October 24, 2008

Free at last...

FREE AT LAST! What does a mother get when she only has sons?

Boogers on the wall, jock straps in the car (or purse), toothbrush "bans", basketballs, footballs, baseballs, soccer balls and even volley balls, Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Rocky trilogies, and weekends alone when scout camp comes along.

Bry and Spence are at scout camp tonight - it's Spencer's first overnight camp and he was so exited, especially after we spent a boatload of money at the Army Navy Surplus store (I had no idea how cool that store is, we found many treasures). That's another sign I only have boys: I think the Army Navy Surplus is "cool".

Boyd decided to go, and at the last minute, Logan decided to go too. I think he mainly wanted to go because we let him buy an Indiana Jones hat with his own money from the ANS (Army Navy Surplus) and he couldn't wait to really break it in. I have to say, he got many compliments on it today as we ran errands - but you need to take the complimenter into consideration. The door guard at Walmart, the overly knowledgeable Scout man that works at the Scout store. Need I say more?

SO, I have 4 boys in seventh heaven tonight and I'm going to eat Oreo Double Stuff cookies and watch one of my many chick flicks. Calgon take me away!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'll be home free when the girls go to girls camp. Wait, take that back. I'll be with them since I'm a lifer in YW. Neal will get to stay home eating double stuff oreos and watching chick flicks.

Actually, Sarah will be long gone out of mutual by the time Abby hits. And Kate will be turning 18 by the time Abby hits. It makes me realize how far apart they really are. This year is the only year I will ever have kids in the same school at the same time.

DJ and Gin Family said...

You should have come over to our house. Us 4 ghouls love chick flicks and Oreo's, and DJ usually works late.