Saturday, September 15, 2007

Birthday Boys and the Kanab Cowboys






Wow, we've had a busy week. It was Spencer's birthday on Monday and Logan's birthday on Tuesday! Spencer got a Ripstik (which are totally cool and I'm sure I would never have a chance in he.. riding one) and Logan got his first new bike. Their presents were a big hit! Spencer said his Ripstik was better than he even imagined (after riding it) and when I picked Logan up from school he said he couldn't stop thinking about his bike all day. They then set their alarm clocks for 6:00 the next day and got up and had eaten breakfast and were ready for school by 6:30 (which is a world record for my boys) so they could ride their bike/Ripstik before school. I had to make them wait for it to get light outside before letting them out!
I had a business trip to Kanab on Thursday so the family came down and played while I was in meetings. We all squished into Jeep Liberty (they are tiny) and made the 5 hour trip and got home last night around midnight. We were lucky because we all arrived home in one piece. I was afraid we all might beat each other to death being in such close quarters but we ended up having a great time. The boys had a blast and we've decided we want to live in Kanab! It's a great small town and so very pretty (if you like desert). I didn't think it would be pretty because I usually don't like the desert landscape, but the red rock mountains were gorgeous. The town had shut down for the high school parade and everyone was talking about the big football game that night. I would love to raise my family in a small town!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Logan and Spencer!! We have double-duty starting tomorrow with Neal's B-day, then Kate's the next day. That's so funny how excited Spenc and Logan were to ride their new presents. It cracks me up. I can picture it.

Don't move to Kanab, because then you would be further away from us. Salem to SL is far enough!