Saturday, September 22, 2007

The Science of Slime!







Soooo, the boys were supposedly eating breakfast in an attempt to get ready for school when I heard "Ooooooh, we didn't do it right! It's not turning out". Well, I ignored it and later I heard "Spencer, Spencer, it's transforming! It's transforming!". Okay, this time I needed to go see what was going on. The second I walked into the family room the smell of puke overwhelmed me. My first thought was, oh no, the dog barfed in the night and it's been sitting and settling into the carpet. Then to what to my wondering eyes do I see but two silly boys making slime in front of me! Logan had got a Slime Science kit that gave him the ingredients to make different kinds of slime. I asked what the heck they were doing, because it was nearly time to leave for school and they both replied they were trying to make a bouncy ball. As I walked closer to the "slime" the smell of puke intensified. I picked up a slimy piece of bouncy ball and realized the slime factory was the smell culprit! I had to take all the newspapers they had laid out on the table to the OUTSIDE garbage, it was so bad. When I told the boys to throw the slime away they both bawled that there was one more slime to make. Needless to say, we kept the slime in the garage for the day while they went to school. I overheard Spencer telling Logan to just wait because the last slime was supposed to smell like dirty socks. SICK! NEW RULE: Do not make the mistake of buying your boys a slime kit and secondly, if you do, make them do it outside! As I tried to wash the barf smell out of my hands, Logan came over to the sink looking a little green and told me Spencer made him touch the slime with his hands and he couldn't get the puke scent out. He was really physically sick to his stomach! I helped him wash again with butt loads of soap, but it still wouldn't take the smell out. As I dropped him off for school (and he still looked very peaked), all I could tell him was not to put his hands close to his face. Lucky for me, the school never called for me to pick up my barfy child.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Nice! Poor Logan. He deserved it.

Eden said...

I used to think having a princess for a kid was bad. . .

I think I'll stick with the girl!