Thursday, September 27, 2007

Life with Boges


So yesterday we were at Bryant's baseball game and it was freezing cold. It was about 9:00 at night and I was holding Logan underneath my coat for us both to get a little warmer. If you don't already know, Logan LOVES hair - he always has and probably always will. We've joked that he will probably take a wig with him on his mission.
ANYWAY, he was playing with my hair and snuggled up when he looks up at me and says:
"You are the most beautiful mom in the world" (This is not uncommon, because he probably tells me this at least 3 times a week.)
He then puts his head back down. After a minute he looks up again and says:
"And the most beautiful lady"
Silence. He looks up again and says:
"And woman"
Silence.
"You are the best smelling mother in the world"

Silence.
"Like a blossom"

Silence.

"Like a princess"

Silence

"You smell like a rose"

Don't tell me that boys are the best!

Then in family prayers he says:

"Please bless dad that he will be safe at work and won't get shivers".

At the end of his prayer, Spencer sternly corrects him and says: "SLIVERS!"

Logan says "Oh". The funny thing is, Boyd doesn't work with wood! I guess it's the thought that counts, right?

When I got home from work, I received a note, which is not uncommon either. He always leaves notes on our bed. I think I have about 4 on my bedside table at the moment. Today's was particularly sweet because he had picked a flower on the way home from school and attached it to the note. In case you can't tell, it says "Happy Birthday sorry I'm late"

2 comments:

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Why can't he tell me I'm the prettiest Aunt in the world? All I got (when he slept over at our house a couple of summers ago) was, "You look like a man with a mustache!" THANKS BOGES!

He really is so stinkin' sweet. Maybe Boyd could take pointers from the kid.

Natalie said...

Oh. . . . I need some boys! They're so good to their mothers! When Sarah was in 1st grade, I picked her up from school and she said, "no offense mom, but you're kind of ugly. I don't like your clothes. You need more colorful ones." Then, this morning when I got home from the gym, Kate was up and yelled, "MOM! Now you need to make me some waffles! NOW!!" My kids need some lessons from your boys.