Saturday, September 8, 2007

My son, the band geek...

Okay, so now I've jumped on the band wagon. I always love reading Laurel's blog, although admittedly I don't get around to it as much as I'd like to. I can't get enough of seeing ladies butts with melvins.
As I thought about our summer at first I thought we'd had a pretty boring one. But as I went through pictures I realized it's actually been a great summer for the White Family. Boyd and I went to the Panama Canal in April, New York in May (it was Boyd's first visit), I had a business trip to Chicago (my favorite city), we sat through probably 50 baseball games in both the freezing spring and the sweltering summer, Bryant turned 12, received the priesthood and started Jr. High, we went camping and got rid of our evil peeing cat!


We spent last night hanging out with Mom and Dad. It was great and they seem to be so comfortable in my home, which I love. The following is the conversation of me telling Bryant that Granny and Bomps were coming out to visit.



Mom: "Hey Bry, Granny and Bomps are coming out to see us"

Bry: "Why?"

Mom: "They just want to visit with us"

Bry: "Well, that's unusual, what, do they need to borrow money or something?" (then Bryant imitates a conversation with himself and his grandparents)

Bry aka Bomps: "Hey, can we borrow $700?"

Bry: "Sorry, I'm clean out of cash." He's hilarious.


Bryant's taking a band class and has decided to play the saxophone like Granny (Boyd totally wanted him to take a band class while I begged him to take a design class. Way cooler in my opinion and I really don't want to have a band geek for a son!) Mom then gave Bryant saxophone lessons. We laughed our butts off listening to Bryant "play" for the first time. All I could think is "please don't be a nerd, please don't be a nerd, please don't be a nerd....".


We spent this morning at the soccer field watching Spencer's game. Logan surprised Spencer by making a "flag" that he planned on waving during his game. Spencer's team is named the Golden Daredevils (gotta love 9 year old boys) and Logan was his biggest fan today. Logan's flag was "creatively" constructed using a toothpick, a napkin and a pink highlighter. Go Golden Derdevels!!!

Now you see why living with boys is the funniest adventure of a lifetime!

2 comments:

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Oh, I gotsta love your boys! Don't call Bryant a band geek or a band nerd, it will destroy his self image. Haha! I said the same thing to Brian and he said he hopes she does play an instrument, but I can see it all now...Addie, 15 years from now, with greasy hair, wearing her band t-shirt that has some inside joke that the band class shares printed across the back...like "you don't know Bach" haha, carrying around her clarinet case! Oh man!

I LOVE Logan's flag, he is so stinking cute! I am so happy you made a blog. I was just telling Dad on Fridsy morning that you needed a blog and he said you were too busy for one; so I told him I was going to make one for you and scan the picture of you dressed as a man kissing Boges as the Title Page picture.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Did I really type, "fridsy morning"? Oh man, and I meant to type SATURDAY!!!